Thank god, now you can do EPF transfer online
One of the pain points for employees when they shift to another company is to transfer PF account to new employer. Now PF transfer from previous employer to current employer can be done online by few simple steps. In this article, I would tell you step-by-step process on how to do Online PF transfer from your old employer to current employer.
Is there any need for Online PF transfer?
Every year there are more than 13+ Lakhs PF transfer claims received by EPF Office. Majority of the claims are coming from employees working from MNC and IT Sector field. There is high attrition (resignations) in such sectors. Online PF transfer process has come into effect from Oct-13. Beyond Oct-13, there would not be any manual transfer of PF transfers. Currently employers have been asked to provide digital signatures in EPFO portal which is pre-requisite for EPF transfers. More than 30,000 employers have already completed the process and others are on the way to do it.
Steps involved in this process
Step # 1: Register at EPFO website as member
Step # 2: Check the eligibility whether you can do it online transfer or not. Since the process is getting completed now, not all accounts can be transferred at this moment.
Step # 3: Fill the PF online application form. Once it is approved, the transfer would get affected.
Detailed processes of all these above steps are explained below.
Step # 1: Process to register at EPFO website as member
- Visit this link:
- Under employee section, click on “Member portal”
- At bottom left side, you would see “Register” option
- Enter all mandatory fields, like mobile number, Date of Birth, Any document like Adhaar card, PAN number, bank account number etc. Enter the number as per the above document, name as per the document and email ID.
- Click on PIN option. It would send PIN ID to your mobile number
- Enter the PIN at bottom of the registration form and click submit button.
- Your account would be activated and relevant confirmation is sent to your mobile number.
- Now you are registered member on EPFO portal.
Step # 2: Check the eligibility whether you can do it online transfer or not.
- Since the process is yet to be completed, not all accounts can be transferred.
- Visit EPF website link
- Under employees section click “Online Transfer Claim Portal (OTCP)"
- Click on EPF Online transfer "check eligibility"
- Enter previous PF account details like State, City, PF account number etc.
- Enter current PF account details like State, City, PF account number etc
- Click on “Check eligibility”. You would get message that you are either eligible or not eligible to do online transfer claim.
Step # 3: How to fill online application form for PF transfer
- Click on EPFO website link
- Under employee section, visit Online Claim transfer portal
- Check link "Click here to login"
- Login as member login
- Click on claim option. You would see “Request for transfer of account” and “View status of transfer claim”. Click on “Request for transfer of account”.
- Fill Part-A – Personal information which contains your name, bank details and relevant information.
- Fill Part-B – Previous PF account details. Enter EPF number and click on get details. Information available in EPFO database would be populated. Validate it and modify wherever required. Date of Birth and some of the fields are mandatory.
- Fill Part-C – Present/Current PF account details – Enter EPF number and click on get details. You need to update the populated information
- You can choose an option at the end to attest/verify with current employer or with previous employer.
- Click on preview button
- Review the details. If required modify the details.
- Click Submit
- You would see a printable transfer claim form
- Print this document and send it to current employer or previous employer which you have chosen in point no.7
You can view the status of EPF claim in second option indicated in point no.3.
Please note that I have not tried the complete process personally. I have gone thru EPF website and took several inputs before providing the step-by-step process. In case you feel there is any additional step involved, please let me know so that I can update the same.
If you enjoyed this article, share it with your friends and colleagues through Facebook and twitter.
Online PF Transfer
- Harsha Engineers IPO Review – Should you Subscribe? - September 9, 2022
- LIC New Pension Plus (Plan No 867) – Should you invest? - September 6, 2022
- 10.5% U GRO Capital NCD – Sep-22 issue – Quick Review - September 5, 2022